Free Diagnostics Initiative launched in 2015 under National Health Mission by MoHFW .
Objectives of FDSI:
- Provide accessible, affordable and quality diagnostic services in all public health facilities up to district hospitals.
- Reduction of direct cost on diagnostics causing an impact on OOPE on healthcare.
- Provision of free of cost, extended list of tests up to district hospitals.
- Utilizing the capacity of private service providers in supporting NHM to provide essential diagnostic services.
- Strengthening diagnostic services in states/UT's that operate on in-house capacity of the healthcare facilities.