- Previously no proper facility in the public sector for maintenance of health care equipment.
- The mapping was undertaken in 29 States under the guidance of NHSRC. 7,56,750 no. of equipment in 29,115 health facilities costing approximately Rs 4564 Crores were identified.
- Equipment in range of 13% to 34% were found dysfunctional across states.
- Thus BEMMP is linked with uptime of equipment (95% in District Hospitals, 90% in Community Health Centres, and 80% in Primary Health Centres). The guidelines along with the model tender document were developed in 2015
- A technical manual is launched in October 2019 to support implementation in PPP and Inhouse mode. The approved guidelines are released and disseminated to all States/UTs.