Terms of Reference
Consultant – Healthcare Technologies
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design.
If you have a commitment to health equity and excellence, here is a unique chance to work with a team committed to shaping the public health landscape in India. The positions offers you an opportunity to actually participate in the process of strengthening health systems, improving health service delivery and enabling positive health outcomes, through hands on implementation assistance at national, state and district levels. Working with a trans disciplinary team, you can discover, adapt, co-create and disseminate solutions to multiple challenges related to service delivery systems, universal primary health care, human resources for health, community processes, health financing, quality of care, public health planning and health promotion. This is an opportunity to support health systems strengthening at scale, learn from district and sub district implementation, undertake knowledge translation, and enable realization of the vision of universal health coverage.
NHSRC intends to engage Consultant - Healthcare Technologies, purely on contractual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Formulating technical specifications for devices
- Technical assistance towards identification of cost-effective medical devices & diagnostics
- Assessment of safety and efficacy of devices & diagnostics including secondary data research
- Analysis of data/market research on costs and pricing for devices & diagnostics
- Providing technical assistance on device & diagnostics related quality assessments
- Undertaking trade policy research & analysis on medical devices products/segment
- Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Tech / B.E in Clinical / Biomedical engineering is mandatory. Post-graduation in Engineering / Management is desirable.
- Published work in the area of devices/diagnostics/clinical research/systematic reviews or meta-analysis of published studies/trials on devices/diagnostics.
- At least 2 years of post qualification work experience in analytical roles specializing in devices & diagnostics validation/evaluations desirable.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing to search relevant data & documents.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge in Health systems development desirable.
- Willingness to travel to states & districts to collect technical information and ability to subsequently synthesize information into research evidence.
- Formal Educational Qualification, Experience and Age could be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
Age Limit: 40 years & below. (As on last date of application)
Location: New Delhi with Willingness to travel on need basis
Remuneration Range: Between Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 90,000/- per month