Terms of References
Consultant - Public Health Administration
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design.
If you have a commitment to health equity and excellence, here is a unique chance to work with a team committed to shaping the public health landscape in India. The positions offers you an opportunity to actually participate in the process of strengthening health systems, improving health service delivery and enabling positive health outcomes, through hands on implementation assistance at national, state and district levels. Working with a trans disciplinary team, you can discover, adapt, co-create and disseminate solutions to multiple challenges related to service delivery systems, universal primary health care, human resources for health, community processes, health financing, quality of care, public health planning and health promotion. This is an opportunity to support health systems strengthening at scale, learn from district and sub district implementation, undertake knowledge translation, and enable realization of the vision of universal health coverage.
NHSRC intends to engage Consultant – Public Health Administration, purely on contractual basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and handholding support to states for specific programs like Model Health Districts (MHD), Maternal Death Review (MDR), Child Death Review (CDR), District Hospital Strengthening, Grievance Redressal & Health Help line (GR & HL), Supportive Supervision (SS) etc.
- Undertake periodic monitoring visits to review implementation progress in states prepare reports and follow up on implementation of recommendations by the states.
- Coordinate drafting of program documents and guidelines and other capacity building materials for various cadres and staff working in health.
- Analyze and utilize data and observations from field visits, HMIS and other data sources, Quarterly Progress Reports to address bottlenecks in implementation.
- Support the Division in organization of national, regional and state level workshops and consultations for orienting States on specific technical areas.
- Appraise PIP proposals from states to facilitate decision making by the Ministry of Health.
- Liaise with implementing partners/development partners at the Centre or State level.
- Coordinating and collaborating with other divisions of NHSRC.
- Undertake any other assignments of PHA division as and when entrusted by Advisor.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree - MBBS or BDS with Post-graduation or higher qualification in public health, community health, preventive & social medicine (MPH, MD Community Medicine)
- At least 2 years of post PG work experience especially in core public health domains like maternal and child health/ NRHM/ NHPs/ RMNCH+A/ health planning/ Health policy and advocacy/ Public Health system strengthening or Health Care Management.
- Demonstrated experience in operationalizing health programs at field level; working in strengthening of state, district, block level health systems.
- Competency and experience in working on NHM programs at policy level, monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, public health administration, governance.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Vibrant, dynamic and highly motivated with a sense of initiative and ownership, and ready to take any responsibility assigned as a part of the team.
- Ability to produce high quality written work, with great attention to detail, within tight deadlines.
- Passionate about working on health systems issues, particularly for the poor and vulnerable population, and keen on working on policy at national level, with a problem-solving approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Formal Educational Qualification, Experience and Age could be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
- Candidates working for similar programs or activities either at central (or) state level shall be preferred.
- Research experience on relevant areas of public health
- Published work in the area of health systems or public health
- Candidates with prior experience on health systems strengthening at central level, state level or with technical support bodies shall be preferred.
Age Limit: 40 years & below. (As on last date of application)
Location: New Delhi with Willingness to travel on need basis
Remuneration Range: Between Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 90,000/- per month