Terms of Reference
Senior Consultant - Community Processes
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design.
If you have a commitment to health equity and excellence, here is a unique chance to work with a team committed to shaping the public health landscape in India. The positions offers you an opportunity to actually participate in the process of strengthening health systems, improving health service delivery and enabling positive health outcomes, through hands on implementation assistance at national, state and district levels. Working with a trans disciplinary team, you can discover, adapt, co-create and disseminate solutions to multiple challenges related to service delivery systems, universal primary health care, human resources for health, community processes, health financing, quality of care, public health planning and health promotion. This is an opportunity to support health systems strengthening at scale, learn from district and sub district implementation, undertake knowledge translation, and enable realization of the vision of universal health coverage.
NHSRC intends to engage Senior Consultant - Community Processes, purely on contractual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide Policy and Programme support for Community Processes (CP) and Comprehensive Primary Health Care (CPHC) as required at National and State Levels
- Support State Level Technical support for CP and CPHC, mentor and guide State Counterparts in training and programme implementation.
- Undertake periodic field visits to states and districts to review programme implementation in the States, identify implementation challenges and support states in charting appropriate solutions or enable linkages with appropriate public health/research/academic/technical/support institutions for technical support on CP/CPHC at the State/District Level.
- Support the process of modification of the ASHA programme strategy
- Undertake analytical documentation of field review visits from different states to inform implementation and programmatic and policy changes as required.
- Develop study/ evaluation protocols, undertake and guide studies pertaining to- baseline measurements, operational research and impact assessments for improving design of CP and CPHC interventions.
- Contribute in writing programme specific operational guidelines; technical and policy briefs, training material, reports, case studies, monitoring checklists/protocols etc.
- Identify best practices and innovations within states and districts and support states to document and upload these on innovation portal for dissemination to other states/districts implementing CP and CPHC.
- Support and supervise systematic collection, documentation and presentation of information regarding CPHC and providing inputs to the decision makers.
- Support to identify, develop and support Innovation & Learning Centres or field demonstration sites as laboratories for demonstration and for peer learning.
- Undertake interventions for action on environmental and social determinants.
- Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned by from time to time by the Executive Director, NHSRC.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Possess MBBS / BDS / AYUSH or an MSW / PG Diploma in Health Management with interest / experience in Community based health care.
- Have at least 5 years of post-qualification experience with implementation of a health programme at the NGO / Community level and familiarity with the direct implementation of Primary Health care Programmes
- Familiarity/experience in working with health systems in public health system
- Experience in working with large scale community health worker programmes , particularly related to training, policy evolution, and supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Formal Educational Qualification, Experience and Age could be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
Age Limit: 50 years & below. (As on last date of application)
Location: New Delhi with extensive travel to states and districts.
Remuneration Range: Rs. 90,000/- to Rs. 1,30,000/- per month