Terms of Reference
Advisor - Public Health Planning
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design.
If you have a commitment to health equity and excellence, here is a unique chance to work with a team committed to shaping the public health landscape in India. The positions offers you an opportunity to actually participate in the process of strengthening health systems, improving health service delivery and enabling positive health outcomes, through hands on implementation assistance at national, state and district levels. Working with a trans disciplinary team, you can discover, adapt, co-create and disseminate solutions to multiple challenges related to service delivery systems, universal primary health care, human resources for health, community processes, health financing, quality of care, public health planning and health promotion. This is an opportunity to support health systems strengthening at scale, learn from district and sub district implementation, undertake knowledge translation, and enable realization of the vision of universal health coverage.
NHSRC intends to engage Advisor - Public Health Planning, purely on contractual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate preparation and appraisal of District and State health plans to reflect state and NHM priorities
- Assist states in building capacities for technical assistance and decentralised programme management in public health.
- Identify emerging challenges in health systems across various state contexts and develop strategies to address these.
- Undertake epidemiology and health systems research, coordinate and design evaluation studies
- Support implementation of public health planning and assessments related to the National Health Policy, 2017
- Undertake rapid reviews and assessments to identify bottlenecks at district and sub district levels, identify cross districts and inter-state challenges and suggest common solutions
- Identify best practices across states, and work with other NHSRC divisions to analyse, document and support scaling up.
- Work closely with programme and policy divisions in MOHFW to provide field based evidence and implementation lessons to support rollout of national priorities.
- Serve as the nodal hub for Health in all Policies related initiatives
- Mobilise technical assistance inputs for the states and district administration, including preparation of Terms of Reference, inviting proposals/applications and facilitating recruitment/selection etc.
- Assist in anticipating, planning strategies and engineering health sector reforms at national and state level.
- Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned by from time to time by the Executive Director, NHSRC.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Doctorate or Masters in Public health or Community health/ Preventive & Social Medicine.
- Published work in the area of health systems or public health.
- At least 15 years post qualification work experience in planning and implementation of service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and strategy development with policy and / or demonstrated experience in operationalizing health programmes at field level / working in strengthening district level health systems.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point; any one computerized accounting package is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Experience of working with senior government officials at central and or state level.
- Formal Educational Qualification, Experience and Age could be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
Age Limit: 60 years & below. (As on last date of application)
Location: New Delhi with extensive travel to states and districts. Travel could be upto 50% of time in a month.
Remuneration Range: Upto Rs. 1,90,000/- per month