Terms of Reference
Advisor - Human Resources for Health
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design.
If you have a commitment to health equity and excellence, here is a unique chance to work with a team committed to shaping the public health landscape in India. The positions offers you an opportunity to actually participate in the process of strengthening health systems, improving health service delivery and enabling positive health outcomes, through hands on implementation assistance at national, state and district levels. Working with a trans disciplinary team, you can discover, adapt, co-create and disseminate solutions to multiple challenges related to service delivery systems, universal primary health care, human resources for health, community processes, health financing, quality of care, public health planning and health promotion. This is an opportunity to support health systems strengthening at scale, learn from district and sub district implementation, undertake knowledge translation, and enable realization of the vision of universal health coverage.
NHSRC intends to engage Advisor – Human Resources for Health, purely on contractual basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyse skills needed for health human resource planning and development, including professional and allied health education planning, and planning of pre-service and in-service programmes.
- Study and disseminate best practices in Human Resources for health including those related to selection, recruitment, governance, processes for in-service capacity building, multiskilling, motivation etc.
- Undertake assessments and reviews of licensing systems and scope of practice requirements for various non-medical and non-allopathic cadres.
- Undertake implementation of the Bridge course programme in collaboration with IGNOU, for Mid-level providers to strengthen the primary health care team.
- Design and undertake public health leadership programmes for district level teams, particularly focusing on creating a cadre of leaders among medical officers at Primary and secondary care levels.
- Support states in workforce rationalization, gap analysis, and strategies for multiskilling through rapid reviews and assessments, keeping in view the complexity and diversity of various contexts.
- Study workforce management issues in states and districts identify common strategic approaches and enables cross learning across states.
- Support integration of Directorates of Health and State Health Societies, through studies, sharing and learning workshops
- Enable states to develop career paths for various cadres of employees.
- Assist states and the centre in developing HR policies in synergy with future requirements.
- Undertake and guide formative research and implementation research to understand issues of health human resource planning.
- Support states in rapid expansion of capacities for health human resource planning.
- Work with MOHFW’s Nursing division and ME division to
- Mobilising technical assistance inputs for the states and district administration, including preparation of Terms of Reference, inviting proposals/applications and facilitating recruitment/selection etc.
- Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned by from time to time by the Executive Director, NHSRC and/or executive committee of the NHSRC.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health management or Sciences areas from a reputed institute preferably with degree in medical, nursing or paramedical courses.
- Minimum 15 years post qualification experience in field of public health including state or national level experience in development of human resource for health.
- Research work (published work / reports or studies) in the area of health sector management and human resources for health are highly desirable.
- Formal Educational Qualification, Experience and Age could be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
Age Limit: 60 years & below. (As on last date of application)
Location: New Delhi with extensive travel to states and districts. Travel could be up to 50% of time in a month.
Remuneration Range: Upto Rs. 1,90,000/- per month
by 4 p.m. on 24-Sep-2017 Application submitted in other format will not be accepted. Please ensure to mention post applied for on the application form, without which the application form will not be accepted.