Terms of Reference
Senior Consultant-Public Health Planning and Evidence(HQ-RRC-NE)
Name of Division
Public Health, RRCNE HQ
Director, RRC-NE, Guwahati, Assam
Name of Position
Senior Consultant, Public Health Planning and Evidence
Number of position
NHSRC is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the position of Senior Consultant, Public Health Planning and Evidencefor its branch office – Regional Resource Centre for North Eastern States (RRC-NE) at Guwahati, Assam.
National Health Mission (NHM) is the umbrella programme of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. Of India to provide universal access to equitable, affordable and quality health care which isaccountable at the same time responsive to the needs of the people, reduction of childand maternal deaths as well as population stabilization, gender and demographicbalance.
As Senior Consultant, Public Health Planning at regional level, the objective is to build capacities for technical assistance and programme management in public health at State level for implementation of NHM activities.
- Scope of Work
- Situational Analysis on various aspects of the Health Sector.
- Facilitate development and implementation of proposals/strategies derived from the situational analysis.
- Assisting the States in building capacities for technical assistance and decentralized programme management in public health.
- Facilitate implementation of National Rural Mission including preparation and appraisal of District & State Health plans.
- Assisting states in the development of policy and in choice as relates to public health.
- Provide such technical assistance for implementation of the NRHM and its goals in centre and in States MoUs as may be agreed upon from time to time.
- Undertake such other assignments, which may be assigned by from time to time.
Timely accomplishment of task and responsibilities and regular reporting to the Director, RRCNE at the end of every month
- Qualifications and experience
- Post graduate degree/diploma in Public Health Management / Preventive & Social Medicine/Hospital Health Care Management or any postgraduate medical qualification with minimum of 10 years of post qualification work experience in the field of public health.
- Experience in working for reform health systems and management of change in health sector.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with data base management programme and commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and analytical abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Hindi with working knowledge of one or more language of North East
- Have the skills to build a team and mentor young professionals into competence in providing technical assistance for health sector reform.
- Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published quality work or work experience of specific relevance.
- Travel and subsistence
The Senior Consultant should be ready to travel extensively to State/District/Block/village levels. All travels must be authorized in advance by Director, RRCNE. The Senior Consultant shall be reimbursed for travel as per NHSRC rules.
- Reporting Requirements
The Senior Consultant will submit monthly updated report to the Director, RRCNE
- Workstation :
The workstation of Senior Consultant is at RRC-NE,Guwahati. However, he/she may be required to relocate at any of the stations in any NE States on requirement of organization.
The Senior Consultant will be paid a consolidated monthly remuneration ranging between Rs. 90,000/- to Rs. 1,30,000/-.
The Senior Consultant shall not be entitled to any other benefits, payments, subsidy, compensation or pension, except as expressly provided in the consultancy agreement. The senior consultant shall not be exempt from taxation and shall not be entitled to reimbursement of any taxes which may be levied as per existing rules on the remuneration received.
Age Limit:50 years & below.
Location: Guwahati with Willingness to travel to states and districts
How to Apply: