Terms of Reference
Junior Consultant- Family Planning
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Junior Consultant will be based at Family Planning Division of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and will work directly under the supervision of Deputy Commissioner, Family Planning. Specific responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- To support the FP Division, MoHFW, GoI in overall monitoring of the FP program in the states
- Monitor the MPV in identified districts of 7 states and prepare quarterly progress reports
- Monitor the roll out of New contraceptives viz. Injectables, Centchroman
- Monitor the stock position of Injectable contraceptives in the states
- Periodically visit states/districts/ facilities to identify strengths and weaknesses and ensure data quality at state and district levels. Follow up to ensure that the agreed steps are implemented.
- Assist in analysis of HMIS data and prepare monthly/ quarterly progress reports for nation state and district levels
- Provide high quality analyzed data and reports for the review meetings, annual reports, annual action plans and dissemination as and when required
- Collate data, analyze and prepare reports using data from demographic surveys (e.g. NFHS/DLHS/SRS/ AHS) to assist in evidence based planning and monitoring of FP
- Support the FP division, MoHFW, GoI and the states, to organize and conduct national and regional FP planning orientation, sensitization and review meetings.
- Any other task assigned by FP Division, MoHFW
- Graduate in any discipline with Master in Public Health and related subjects or equivalent.
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- Strong critical analysis and report writing skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills both in Hindi and English.
- Ability to collaborate with management and field staff.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
Age: Upto 30 Years
Remuneration range: Between Rs. 30,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- per month.
Location: New Delhi.