Terms of Reference
Senior Consultant - Maternal Health(one position)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Reporting to:Deputy Commissioner (Maternal Health), MoHFW
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To assist Maternal Health Division in monitoring implementation of Maternal Health interventions under the National Health Mission (NHM) with respect to key maternal health trainings include pre-service education of nursing and linking the same with and capacity building of service providers.
- Provide technical assistance and programmatic support to the MoHFW and states for strengthening and implementation of Pre Service Education of nursing and midwifery cadre
- Capacity building and follow up with states for organization and conduct of Maternal Health Trainings such as Skills lab Trainings, Dakshata etc.
- Support and Guide the State in establishing State Skills lab
- Work with partners, and state government counterparts to develop, implement, monitor and report on program activities including work plans, budgets, activities, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks and reports for capacity building.
- Assist in development of documents, operational and technical guidelines
- Assist MH Division in analysis of various reports/studies/MIS Data/ Survey Reports and based on the output/analysis suggest actions to achieve MH indicators in states.
- Assist in developing technical reports and review of existing guidelines and training manuals through field visits and dissemination of the same at the state/ district levels.
- Assist in appraisal reports of state PIPs, prepare quarterly/monthly reports, monitoring of progress of MH interventions.
- Support states and districts in implementation of activities planned under NHM PIP, assessment of progress against approved plans through use of data available and reports
- Conduct periodic field visits to states to monitor the progress and support to ensure that the approved plans have been implemented in the defined time period oh MH interventions.
- Submit periodic reports on above and suggest actions required at State level to fill the gaps within the approved Program Implementation Plans
- Any other work assigned within the MH framework Outputs Time bound actions and reports for all the tasks in the TORs, or as assigned by the Maternal Health Division from time to time and submission of monthly reports of work done
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor to achieve the organizational goals.
- Medical Graduate (MBBS)/BDS +MD/MPH/Post Graduate Diploma in Health Management/MBA in Health Management
- 5 + years of experience in Public health
- Technical knowledge and field experience in health programs, particularly skill based trainings with knowledge of pre-service education systems development for Nurses/ ANMs including materials development and teaching skills strengthening
- Familiarity with the Indian health system, key stakeholders and relevant government policies/strategies particularly National Health Mission.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated experience in implementing RCH trainings program at field level
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing to search relevant data & documents
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in NHM/ RCH at National or State level
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to states & districts to provide technical assistance & ability to work on different assignments simultaneously to meet the timelines for assignments
- Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance
Age: Upper Limit 55 years as on 01/04/2017 and having sound health to undertake extensive field visits
Remuneration Range: Between Rs 90,000/- to 1,30,000/- per month.