Terms of Reference
SeniorConsultant – Family Planning(one position)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Reporting to: Deputy Commissioner, Family Planning, MoHFW
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Consultant shall be based at Family Planning Division of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and will directly under the supervision of Deputy Commissioner, Family Planning. Specific responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Field visits to the States/ UTs to monitor the field activities, progress of all ongoing trainings, for onsite data verification and supportive supervision to ensure data quality at the state and district levels. Prepare the report of the same and share with FP division and based on the observations made suggest corrective actions to states/UTs and further follow up for the rectifications made.
- Support in technical updates and new technology updation for Family Planning division
- Undertake all activities required to ensure provision of quality Technical Assistance to the state governments, to ensure that the trainings/workshops are conducted according to the established quality parameters including liaisoning and logistics management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with States, State Health Societies, training institutions and medical colleges in the states/UTs. Monitor the trainings and assist states/UTs in developing the training calendar and follow up the training activities.
- Appraise the FP component of state Program Implementation Plan (PIPs) under NHM of all states/UTs of the country and suggest appropriate actions to strengthen them further. Follow up to ensure that suggestions are satisfactorily addressed in the revised state PIPs.
- Periodically visit states/districts/facilities to identify strengths and weaknesses and discuss steps to overcome the latter. Follow up to ensure that the agreed steps are implemented. Minimum travel of ten days per month is envisaged.
- Overall monitoring of the FP program in the states including the monitoring of the expenditure patterns of the approved budgets of FP interventions and suggest timely corrective actions to states/UTs so as to rectify problems as and when identified.
- Undertake and report on regular supportive supervisory visits including conducting performance standard assessment and assessing all aspects of post training support from the State health department to trained service provider.
- Provide high quality analyzed data and reports for the review meetings, annual reports, annual action plans and dissemination as and when required.
- Any other work assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- MBBS , preference to MPH or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 yearsof work experience in the fields of public health and development with an emphasis on RCH/NHM.
- Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance
Essential Skills & Competencies
- Strong critical analysis and report writing skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills both in Hindi and English.
- Ability to collaborate with management and field staff.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
Age: Upper Limit 55 years as on 01/04/2017 and having sound health to undertake extensive field visits.
Remuneration range: Between Rs.90,000/- to Rs.1,30,000/- per month.
Location: New Delhi.