Terms of Reference
Lead Consultant - Child Health (one position)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Reporting to:Deputy Commissioner (Child Health), MoHFW
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Techno-managerial support to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in Child Health programmes with focus on Planning, review, implementation of all work related to child health interventions
- Preparation of operational guidelines, PPTs, white papers, policy notes for the programme
- Data analysis, programme and reviewing situation on quarterly basis for informing to higher officers for decision making
- Data analysis of surveys related to child health and RMNCH+A from time to time and developing reports and status papers to inform policy
- Contribute to/support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for the child health scenario under RMNCH+A spectrum, to ensure timely comprehensive and current data on child health and related factors available to guide policy and development, design and management of nutrition programs/projects.
- Responsible for Programme Implementation Plan of allocated States (PIP) in Child Health- through coordinating and incorporating inputs from programme Divisions, analysing for consistency and synergy, reviewing component wise budgets, ensuring adherence to norms and provide inputs to states as required for revision and submission of final PIPs for discussion at the National Programme Coordination Committee meetings.
- Review of technical documents and provide comments on behalf of Ministry of Health& FW on Child Health related subjects
- To prepare convergent plans for Department of Health, Women & Child Development, PRIs, PHED, Social Justice & Empowerment; appraisal reports of State PIPs and their follow-up.
- To undertake periodic field visits to states and districts to review programme implementation in the States, identify implementation challenges and support states in charting appropriate solutions
- Medical graduate (MBBS) with Post-graduate degree in public Health/Paediatrics/Health management from a reputed and recognised institution
- 7 + years of work experience in Public Health Sector. Prior experience in Project Management is an asset. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in NHM / RCH at National or State level
- Well versed with recent debates and perspectives on child health and RMNCH+A issues including SDGs
- Ability to work in highly demanding environment, liaising with academia, multilateral partners
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing to search relevant data & documents
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi also desirable.
- Formal educational qualification, experience and age could be relaxed when there is a published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance.
Age: Upper Limit 55 years as on 01/04/2017 and having sound health to undertake extensive field visits
Remuneration Range: Between Rs 1,30,000/- to 1,50,000/- per month.