Terms of Reference
Technical Officer (RBSK-DEIC)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of MOHFW the Technical Officer (RBSK-DEIC) will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Technical Material Development:
Support the senior technical officer in the development of guidelines for DEIC. Provide inputs for development of technical materials, develop training packages and training tools. Support senior technical officer in accessing national and international expertise for development of training packages. Compile the training package for DEIC and ensure its publication and dissemination to States with appropriate orders and instructions.
- Capacity Building:
Lead the process of building capacity of DEIC staff in diagnosis and management of 4Ds. Identify training needs of all staff, plan roll out of training program, ensure quality check mechanisms in training, facilitate TOTs at National and State levels, follow up on training calendars, facilitate post training evaluations.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
Provide inputs to the development of monitoring tools and systems for data capture. Provide inputs to the monitoring team for development of monitoring indicators. Ensure that DEIC data is being captured regularly and completely at all levels. Analyse and review data to provide feedback for program quality improvement. Prepare quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to GOI . Facilitate evaluation studies when required. Support DEICs in problem solving.
Support the Communications Team in developing and IEC strategy for the RBSK-DEIC. Develop appropriate IEC messages to spread awareness about the program in the community. Facilitate development of IEC materials and their utilization.
Document the processes adopted for roll out of the DEIC aspect of this program. Document case studies on best practices in rolling out the scheme or other such initiatives in the State/UTs and ensure their dissemination.
- Other Tasks:
Actively support Senior Programme Officers and related team directly/ indirectly engaged in rolling out the programme. Perform any other related tasks consistent with the level of the post and/ or assigned by the Programme Officer, MOHFW and Director
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Good knowledge of National and State programme policy, procedures and guidelines in RMNCH+A under NRHM;
- Technical knowledge of new born and child health and development;
- Good knowledge of field systems and processes under NRHM.
Knowledge & Skills required:
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute large scale training programs;
- Ability to innovate and openness to change;
- Should be a good team player;
- Report writing and documentation;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
Required Skills and Experience
- MBBS with an advanced degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, Paediatrics, Health Policy & Management, Family Health,Socio-medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care.
Experience:- Post Qualification
- Five (5) years of professional work experience at the State/National level in policy-cum-programme development, monitoring & implementation of primary health care programmes including experience in field-based management and implementation of Newborn and child survival and development initiatives;
- Demonstrated experience in Health Policy analysis and influencing is mandatory. Managerial and analytical skills are essential attributes;
- Experience of working in the State Government or other international development organization will be an asset;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- A good working knowledge of local language of the duty station will be an asset.
Age: Up to 50 years as on last date for receiving application.
Remuneration range: Between Rs. 90,000/- to Rs. 1,30,000/- per month.