Terms of Reference
Information, Education and Communication Officer (RBSK)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Programme Officer, MOHFW the IEC Officer (RBSK) will lead the development and implementation of an inter-agency communication strategy with the aim to raise awareness of the RBSK program activities in the country and support the resources mobilization and partnership building efforts of the program. He/she will support
Development and implementation of RBSK Communication Strategy and Plan focusing on the achievements of the following results:
- Develop Communication Strategy
- Conduct communications needs assessment
- Develop the RBSK Communications Strategy;
- Analyse requirements and help integrate advocacy and communication strategies into RBSK activities
- Prepare speeches or press releases in support to the Programme Officer, MOHFW
- Implement the RBSK Communications Strategy and Plan based on results-based communication principles
- Identify storylines for publications and draft substantive articles contributing to debates or discussions on key issues.
- Coordinate and manage publication activities such as content management, norms for publishing, design etc.
- Contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production and ensure publication dissemination.
- In addition to print media, use multi-media and social media solutions in communication strategies.
Website development and maintenance
- Supervise the design and maintain the RBSK Website (and ensuring linkages to agency-specific websites), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Lead the development, supervise the design and maintenance of the RBSK Website based on requirements
- Coordinate content creation for the website
- Maintain content for the website to ensure consistency of the materials.
Support brand building through the following Launches and Campaigns:
- Promotion and maintenance of public information campaigns on RBSK
- Promotion and dissemination of corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives and publications.
- Packaging and submission of programme initiatives for donor review in collaboration with programme staff and supervisors.
- Maintenance of brand building through regular media contacts and provision of newsworthy information to national public and where possible other stakeholders.
- Organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches etc.
- Ensuring access for journalists to subject matter experts.
- Facilitate the use of videoconferencing facilities across the country for review of RBSK program
- Set up mechanisms, systems and plans for videoconferencing and organize these conferences.
Drafting/production of regular newsletter to donors
- Support preparation of donor reports, civic education and community awareness where appropriate
Ensure effective flow of information from the RBSK program to the public is maintained through media and other stakeholders focusing on the following results:
- Promote program visibility through its programmes and initiatives to the public through regular, synthesized communication publications via local media.
- Actively support Senior Programme Officers and related team directly/ indirectly engaged in rolling out the programme. Perform any other related tasks consistent with the level of the post and/ or assigned by the Programme Officer, MOHFW.
- Has good understanding of social mobilization and behaviour change especially at community level
- Good knowledge of current issues related to the RBSK program and other related programs in the country.
- Has working knowledge of the health sector and NRHM
- Ability to implement communication and publications strategies.
- Ability to conceptualize issues and analyse data.
- Demonstrates excellent ability to write and communicate orally in English with accuracy and professionalism.
- Proficiency in the use of office IT applications and internet in conducting research;
- Receives information to seek and understand differing perspectives
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Appears credible and confident, remaining calm and pleasant when dealing with others in difficult situations
- Builds and maintains constructive relationships with colleagues (and reports where appropriate); treats people with respect, is co-operative, supportive and helpful with a positive contribution to the working environment
- Reliable in delivering own parts of the work as part of a team effort
- Demonstrates an understanding of what other professionals contribute in order to work constructively within the office
Required Skills and Experience:
Post Graduate qualification in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related fields.
Experience: Post Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in public relations, communications and/or advocacy with a multilateral or international organization, the private sector or governmental bodies.
- Experience using multi-media, social networking approach is an asset.
- Language requirements
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi.
Age: Up to 50 years as on last date for receiving application.
Remuneration range: Between Rs.90,000/- to Rs.1,30,000/- per month.