Terms of Reference
Sr. Consultant - Immunization Logistics Management
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking resumes from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Background & Purpose of assignment:
Universal Immunization Program in India is one of the largest public health programs in the world. Vaccine logistics management together with cold chain is the backbone of immunization programme. The Immunization & Vaccine Logistics Management Consultant will specifically support the establishment of a reliable Vaccine Logistic Management and information system in the country with the help of State Cold chain Officers and State Immunization Officers, under the supervision of National Programme Officer of Immunization division, in the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
Roles and responsibilities:
Sr. Consultant - Immunization logistics management shall be responsible for following tasks:
- Prepare cold chain and related logistics forecast. Prepare demand and maintain distribution of these logistics at the country level with State, UT wise detail.
- Develop cold chain and related logistics delivery schedule for the states and facilitate issue of release order of these and any other logistics.
- Support for States in preparation of related components of State PIPs, especially Alternate Vaccine Delivery System (AVDS), Vaccine handlers training and procurement of immunization logistics at the state level like immunization cards, cold chain logistics and various formats.
- Coordinate with Cold chain officers and consultants and vaccine managers of the states and obtain information on cold chain and related logistics stock position every month.
- Develop cold chain and related logistics delivery monitoring matrix for the states and use it for tracking.
- Monitor cold chain and related logistics handlers training at the State and district level.
- Regularly update cold chain and related logistics availability status at the GMSDs and state stores.
- Facilitate National reviews meeting of State CCOs.
- Facilitate implementation and monitoring of National Cold Chain MIS.
- Facilitate Monitoring of Vaccine Logistics Management System – “Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN).
- Field visits:
- Periodic field visits as required by the Ministry. Follow up to ensure that the agreed steps are implemented.
- Ongoing support;
- Response to various queries including analysis of reports received from national and international agencies.
- Technical support to quality immunization services:
- Support states in implementing standardized vaccine logistics management registers.
- Supervise, monitor and provide on the job training to the field staffs on vaccine management: GMSDs staffs, Staffs at the State and district vaccine stores.
- Appraisal/review of training components of State PIPs and suggestion appropriate actions to strengthen these. Follow up to ensure that suggestions are satisfactorily addressed in the revised State PIPs.
- Support for National and State Effective vaccine Management Assessment and Improvement plan preparation and implementation.
- MBA in Health Management or Post Graduate degree in Logistics management.
- More than 5 years of post-qualification (PG) experience in supply chain management Familiarity with standard computer software especially in MS office.
- Proficiency in handling/ interpreting data.
- The candidates with experience in cold chain management and vaccine supply chain management at National
level in Govt. sector will be given preference.
- Experience in working with national government or state government.
- Experience of vaccine management assessment like VMAT, EVSM and EVM and cold chain assessment.
- Experience in program management, capacity building and supervisory support.
- Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work of high quality
or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance.
Age: Up to 40 years as on last date for receiving application and having sound health to undertake extensive field visits.
Remuneration range: Between Rs.90,000/- to Rs.1,30,000/- per month.
Location: New Delhi.