Terms of Reference
Zonal AEFI Consultants -National AEFI Surveillance Program
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
AEFI surveillance program was started in India in 1988 and the AEFI Surveillance Guidelines were first published in 2005.Establishment of an AEFI secretariat with clear roles and responsibilities was proposed in 2008 to strengthen the current National AEFI Surveillance Program and support the Immunization Division, MoHFW as well as the National AEFI Committee on the various activities related to AEFI data management, monitoring, documentation of serious cases for causality assessments, operational research and trainings. The AEFI Secretariat is embedded inITSU and is placed at thePublic Health Foundation of India’s Office at Delhi. The AEFI Secretariat will work closely with the National AEFI committee and under the supervision of ITSU AEFI leadership, with overall accountability to MOHFW. The zonal consultant will be the representative of the AEFI Secretariat at the zonal level to improve state level coordination and strengthen AEFI surveillance in the identified states.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
To assist in the implementation of the AEFI surveillance program in the identified states and work closely with the Senior Advisor, AEFI Secretariat and NRA for the strategic management of the Pharmaco-vigilance Activities, particularly related to AEFI surveillance program in the country, including.
- Strengthening AEFI surveillanceat theStates and improve Vaccine Safety.
- Assist the pre-identified states (and districts) in strengthening the early detection and investigation of AEFIs and reporting to the AEFI Secretariat at the national level.
- Supervise and coordinate the work identified by the AEFI secretariat at state and district level including development and implementation of analytical tools for AEFI, capacity building and other related activities.
- Assist in the strategic planning and management of AEFI activities in the zone (states and districts) including research and M&E for AEFI.
- Analyze the AEFI data and strengthen the capacity of District Programe Managers and at minimizing AEFI due to program errors.
- Develop and implement capacity building activities for the State AEFI Committees, state and District Immunization officers especially in Causality Assessment.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Management Systems in AEFI surveillance.
- Assist the states in media management of AEFI cases
- Under the guidance of the AEFI secretariat,coordinate media management workshops at zonal level for media persons and civil society organizations.
- Undertake field visits within and outside the zone depending on assignments for monitoring AEFI activities and provide feedback to the Immunization division in MoHFW,senior advisor AEFI.
- Coordination with National Regulatory Authority (NRA) for immunization Safety
- Coordinate with the NRA to ensure Immunization safety and assist in field investigation and follow up of AEFI cases including sample collection and coordinating with laboratories for analysis of the samples.
- Coordinate review and collection of immunization safety data from CDSCO and AEFI program.
- Assist in preparing annual workplans for the different states in the zones.
- Work closely with partners in the field and at the state level.
Education: M.B.B.S. with 4 year experience in public health program management OR M.B.B.S. with post graduate qualification in public health with 1 year program experience. Candidate with post graduate qualification will be preferred.
He/She should have knowledge of statistical analysis, ability to compile and analyze large scale and diverse data and ability to share information harmoniously with multiple partners and work in a multi-cultural team environment.
Remuneration:Between Rs. 60,000/- to Rs.90,000/- PM consolidated.
Posts: 1 (UR)
Placement: Zonal Offices of DCGI across the country
Age limit: Upto 45 years (As on date of Publishing of Advertisement)