Terms of Reference
Senior Consultant – Healthcare Technologies
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design.
NHSRC intends recruiting Senior Consultant – Healthcare Technologies purely on contractual basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Under leadership of Advisor - Healthcare Technologies, carry out the work of technology division and develop and implement work plan.
- Support identification-assessment and uptake of health technology innovations as per MoH&FW approved process & procedures.
- Supervising market research surveys on health products when requested by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and other related Ministries.
- Formulating and supporting implementation of technology intensive health programs such as Free Diagnostics & District Dialysis Program.
- Providing technical assistance to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, other related Ministries & State government in technology trade policy, tariff structures and technology transfers.
- Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Advisor - Healthcare Technologies.
- Work closely with other divisions within NHSRC, RRC-NE and other stakeholders.
- Work as OIC when Advisor - Healthcare Technologies is away on travel or leave.
- Essential- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Desirable- Fellowship/Post Graduation or higher qualification in Public Health / Biomedical Engineering / Management/Finance/ any relevant healthcare field.
- Minimum 5 years of post-qualification work experience in healthcare services, industry, manufacturing, hospital administration or a mix of these.
- Willingness to travel to states & districts to provide technical assistance & ability to work on different assignments simultaneously to meet the timelines for assignments.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Ability to use internet to for desk research, literature review and accessing other relevant documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including an ability to write crisp, unambiguous technical reports. Working knowledge of Hindi also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment along-with excellent communication, presentation skills and interpersonal abilities.
- Educational qualification, experience & age could be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
Age Limit: Below50 years
Work Location: New Delhi
Remuneration Range: Between Rs. 90,000/- to Rs. 1,30,000/- per month.
Contract Tenure: One Year
*The validity of the contract beyond 31st March 2017 is subject to continuation of NHSRC beyond 31st March 2017. In case NHSRC does not continue beyond 31st March 2017, the contract shall be treated as withdrawn.