Terms of Reference
Skills Lab Master Trainer (Doctor)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking resumes from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Position Reports to: Deputy Commissioner (Maternal Health)
Position is co-supervised by: Nodal Officer of the National Skills lab and Senior Technical Officer
Work Station - Delhi
The Skills Lab Trainer will work to improve the quality of pre-service & in-service training as part of a team to provide technical assistance in the skills lab and act as mentor in activities related to monitoring and evaluation. S/he will assist in entering data and maintenance of data base of all participants. S/he will provide the necessary technical assistance and support program management for this program in the required states.
The Skills Lab Trainer will ensure timely provision of training and assistance in building capacities of the faculty and service providers of their Nodal Centre;support the National/State Nodal Centre of the assigned states and undertake mentoring visits to provide technical support for strengthening of required skills.
This position requiresexperience and technical expertise in Skilled Birth Attendance (SBA), Family Planning (FP) and Child Health, strong coordination skills and ability to develop healthy professional working relationships with counterparts.
Technical and Training (key) Responsibilities:
The Skills Lab Master trainer will have – but not limited to – the following responsibilities:
- Assist in setting up of skills stations and up gradation of labour room with technical protocols.
- Facilitate acquisition / reinforcement of key standardized technical skills and knowledge to trainees’ for RMNCH+A services as per Government of India protocols.
- Facilitate quality improvement of educational and evaluation processes at the respective site of Skills lab through the implementation of the skills standards.
- Facilitate and conduct trainings in the Skills lab.
- Facilitate regular and periodic mentoring of labour room staff and adherence to infection prevention protocols in the Labour room.
- Undertake mentoring visits to the assigned linked statesto support and handhold master trainers/ trained faculty in post-training transfer of knowledge and skills and assist in the implementation of performance standards.
- Prepare and maintain database of trained personnel in the pre-requisite formats.
- Evaluate performance of trainees per criteria set by the Skills Lab and provide supportive supervision to all trainees.
- Conduct periodic monitoring/mentoring visits to Skills Lab to assess quality of training andperformance of trainers.
- Identify non-performers (trainees) in consultation with the Institution supervisor.
- Maintain database of delivery points in each State.
- Prepare annual targets of mentoring Institutes in consultation with Nodal Officer.
- Provide enabling environment to trainees to learn essential skills.
- Ensure maintenance of mannequins and other tools and equipment to their assigned Skills station.
- Inform of any breakage or shortage of items at their assigned Skills station.
- Submits the travel plan and travel reports in advance to the Nodal Officer.
- When no trainings are held at the skills lab, the undersigned would observe gaps in practice through monitoring visits if positioned at SJH/ LHMC labs within the working hours and not beyond.
- Monitors trainings in the nodal Centre and on other indicators of the M&E frameworks.
- Meets regularly with staff of labour room and assists them with implementation of technical protocols.
- Facilitates all associated activities and logistics related to trainings at national/state nodal centres.
- Performs or assumes other duties as assigned by the supervisor of the Skills Lab to ensure the smooth functioning of the nodal centre.
- Acts as representative of the skills Lab team to update supervisor
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Person specification: National RMNCH Skills Lab Trainer (Doctor) Officer will demonstrate the following essential qualifications and experience.
Educational training qualification:
MBBS* with minimum 3 years’ experience working in the area of RMNCH+A.
Diploma with experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology*.
Master’s level degree after MBBS (any field).
* Meeting the registration requirements of the Medical Council
Clinical field experience in maternal and newborn health.Experience in teaching.
Experience of providing technical assistance /consultancy in RMNCH+A programme; teaching experience.
Communication Skills:Good interpersonal skills; confident communicator with the ability to communicate and train effectively; good facilitation and coaching skills; ability to work as a team member; excellent time management and organisational skills; strong motivation in work in a Government set-up; strong written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi; ability to work within a national programme team and communicate regularly with a variety of team members.
Computer Skills:Proficient in MS office including MS word, Excel &Power point presentation; Ability to maintain a basic database.
- Experience of providing technical assistance/consultancy in any of the related programme
- Well-informed of the latest advancements in the related field of RMNCH+A
Age Limit: 45 years below. Age can be relaxed for a suitable candidate
Compensation offered:INR 60,000/- to INR 82,000/-per month.
Nature of appointment:
The appointment of the Skills lab Master Trainer (Doctor) will be on contract basis initially for a period of one year (subject to satisfactory performance) and extendable for further years on basis of performance.Regular Appraisal on quarterly basis.
Leave: 12days Sick leave per year. Any Sick leave extending more than 3 working days shall need to be justified with a Doctor’s certificate.
15 days Annual leave non-cumulative, non-cashable.
Travel: The position demands the position holder to travel at least 30% of the employment duration