Terms of Reference
Senior Consultant/ Consultant – National Urban Health Mission (Multiple vacancies)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordination with Programme Divisions of the Ministry to collate their inputs/comments on the Programme Implementation Plan of States (PIP) for placing the same before National Programme Coordination Committee (NPCC) for State allocated to the Consultant.
- Provide technical assistance in areas related to health systems strengthening Human Resources for Health, Healthcare financing, Quality Assurance Community Processes, Health Information Systems, Monitoring & Evaluation, Public Private Partnership, Governance etc.
- Appraisal and analysis of annual PIPs and providing feedback for approval of NUHM programme components.
- Systematic collection, documentation and presentation of information regarding urban health system, health needs and providing inputs to the decision makers.
- Assist the Urban Health Division in reviewing, monitoring and analysing NUHM Program and expenditure component.
- Analysis of data from HMIS and presenting the same for decision makers.
- Undertake supportive supervision and concurrent monitoring initiatives, including field monitoring of low performing States/ Districts/ Cities on a regular basis.
- Contribute in writing of dissemination materials; including technical briefs, reports, case studies etc.
- Technical assistance for decentralized planning & strengthening health systems in the poor performing districts of India.
- Building capacities at the State, District and City level for developing urban health plans and for review & improving the plans, using both epidemiological and HMIS inputs. Budgeting and financial planning as required by the poor performing States.
- Develop study/ evaluation protocols and undertake and guide studies.
- Provide technical assistance for implementation of the NUHM and its goals at the Centre, and in States, as may be agreed upon from time to time.
- Mobilizing technical assistance inputs for the States and District administration, including preparation of Terms of reference, inviting proposal applications etc.
- Undertake other assignments which may be given from time to time by the Reporting Authority.
Additional responsibilities in case of Senior Consultant:
- Analysing inputs from Programme Divisions for consistency and synergy, reviewing component wise budgets, ensuring adherence to norms and provide inputs to States as required for revision and submission of final PIPs for discussion at NPCC meetings.
- Undertake periodic field visits to states and districts to review programme implementation in the States, identify implementation challenges and support states in charting appropriate solutions or enable linkages with appropriate institutions for technical inputs in the States (SHRC, academic or research agencies) or at National level: NHSRC, TISS, PHFI etc.
- Mentor junior Consultants in their first year in PIP coordination work and analysis of data
- Undertake analytical documentation of field review visits to inform improvements in implementation.
- Identify best practices and innovations within states and districts and support states to document and upload these on innovation portal.
- Undertake review of literature and stay up-to-date on current trends in health systems strengthening.
- Provide periodic synopsis of progress in states using data and field findings as a means of technical support and programme oversight.
- Post-graduation or higher qualification in Public Health, Community Health, Preventive & Social Medicine. MBBS is desirable. For Healthcare financing MBA (Finance) or CA is the required qualification.
- Published work in the area of health systems or public health.
- Senior Consultant – At least 5 years of post-qualification work experience in Health Systems Research or in Planning or implementation of Public Health Projects.
- Consultant – At least 2 years of post-qualification work experience in Health Systems Research or in Planning or implementation of Public Health Projects.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing to search relevant data & documents.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi is also desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in operationalizing health programme at field level/ working in strengthening of district level health systems.
- Willingness to travel to states and districts to provide technical assistance and ability to work on different assignments simultaneously to meet the timelines for assignments.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in NHM at National or State level.
- Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed if there is evidence of published quality work or work experience of specific relevance.
- Human resources for Health, Healthcare Financing, Quality Improvement, Community Processes, Health Information Systems, Monitoring & Evaluation, Public Private Partnership, Governance etc.
Age Limit: Up to 45 years of age (As on Last date of receiving of applications)
Location: New Delhi with willingness to travel to states and districts
Between 2-5 Years
Between Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 90,000/- per month
Above 5 years
Between Rs. 90,000/- to Rs. 1,30,000/- per month