National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design. Work at NHSRC is organised around multiple divisions, namely – Community Processes, Quality Improvement, Public Health Planning, Public Health Administration, Healthcare Financing & Healthcare Technology,
HMIS and Human Resources for Health.
NHSRC intends recruiting Consultant - Healthcare Technologies purely on contractual basis.
Location: New Delhi with requirement of extensive travel to states & districts. Travel could be upto 50% of time in a month.
Terms of Reference:
- Formulating technical specifications for devices used in various health programs and public health facilities.
- Technical assistance towards identification of cost-effective medical devices
- Assessment of safety data for devices.
- Analysis of data/market research on device costs and pricing.
- Undertaking secondary data research study on device efficacy, safety and costs.
- Providing technical assistance on device benefits, life time costs to patients and therapy groups with clear understanding of methods of identify risk groups.
- Undertaking health technology assessments.
- Providing support to Sector Innovation Council for Health towards identification and uptake of innovations, formulating roadmaps for establishment of medical devices testing laboratories, undertaking studies on adverse events due to medical devices as part of safety profiling, undertaking research and arranging for technical consultations on medical devices.
- Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time in the division or required by Executive Director, NHSRC.
Qualification & Work Experience:
- Graduation in Bio-medical /clinical /electronics/instrumentation engineering, a post-graduation in above is desirable.
- Published work in the area of devices/clinical research/systematic reviews or meta-analysis of published studies/trials on devices.
- At least 2 years of post-qualification work experience in analytical roles specializing in device validation/evaluations desirable.
- Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Web surfing to search relevant data & documents.
- Familiarity with any one computerized analytical systems such as Triage is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge in Health systems development desirable.
- Willingness to travel to states & districts to collect technical information and ability to subsequently synthesize information into research evidence.
Age Limit: 40 years & below.
It is mandatory to mention Age, Year of Passing the Degrees, Current and Past Employment dates
on your resume, without which applications will not be accepted.