Terms of References
Short Term Senior Consultant- Quality Improvement (Urban Health)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system. The NHSRC is also mandated to contribute towards National strategic health planning and programme design.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordination with the States, ULBs & NUHM MoHFW for attainment of ADB DLI
- To function as a training resource for the NQAS &‘Kayakalp’
- Support for Kayakalp Assessment & declaration of awards
- Support for operationalisation of patients’ feedback system as an ongoing process
- To collect & analyse Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each level of Health Facilities
- To work with health facilities and NUHM State team to prepare action plan for gaps closures
- Liaison with the states, ULBs& district teams for achieving targets of QA NUHM, as committed in the PIP
- Undertake periodic field visits to states and districts to review programme implementation, identify implementation challenges and support suitable solutions.
- Undertake supervision and concurrent monitoring initiatives to low performing States/ Districts/ Cities on a regular basis
- Contribute in writing of dissemination materials; including technical briefs, reports, case studies etc.
- Technical assistance for strengthening healthcare facilities in the poor performing districts.
- Building capacities at the State, District and City level for Quality assurance & Kayakalp activities.
- Provide technical assistance for implementation of National Quality Assurance standards targets at UPHCs & UCHCs, as may be agreed upon from time to time.
- Mobilizing technical assistance inputs for the States and District administration, including preparation of Terms of reference, inviting proposal applications etc.
- Appraisal and analysis of annual PIPs and providing feedback for approval of NUHM programme components.
- Undertake periodic field visits to states and districts to review programme implementation in the States, identify implementation challenges and support states appropriate solutions or enable linkages with appropriate institutions for technical inputs in the States
- To support regular activities of National Quality assurance Program.
- Any other function, as allotted by Advisor – Quality Improvement
Qualification & Experience:
For achieving above-mentioned deliverables, the applicant is expected to possess following qualifications & experience –
- Medical/Dental/AYUSH/ Nursing degree from a reputed Institute
- Two years full time Masters’ Degree (or Equivalent) in Hospital or Health Management from a reputed institute.
- At least 5 years’ Post-MHA work experience of Health Quality, such as NABH/NQAS/JCI/ISO etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office package.
- Excellent Communication skills – Writing & Verbal
- Prior relevant Work experience of Public Health Systemwould be preferred
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview
- The candidates may be subjected to written test to judge their writing skills and language proficiency
- Since the requirement is immediate, the incumbent would be expected to join within a one month of the selection.
- Initial contract would be for three months, which would be extended as per work and candidate’s satisfactory performance.
- Formal Educational Qualification orExperience could be relaxed for exceptional candidates.
- In absence of non-availability of suitable candidate for ‘Senior Consultant’, deserving candidate may be offered selection as ‘Consultant’.
Age Limit: 50 years & below. Age can be relaxed for an exceptional candidate.
Location:New Delhi with requirement of extensive travel (at least 50% of time) to the states & UTs. Travel time may increase depending upon the task.